I’m Seema Kher, a Partner, FaaS at Finerva. I joined in 2019 as Head of Accounting, having 21 years of experience at KPMG working with small to medium sized businesses across a wide range of industries.
My role at Finerva is to oversee the accounts compliance service for clients and provide a seamless ‘one stop shop’ that provides all their accounting and finance needs. They can then focus on running and growing their businesses.
I aim to take the stress out of complying with regulatory reporting requirements and to find solutions to problems as and when they arise.
For the past 25+ years I’ve worked with a variety of businesses from start-ups to small businesses which has provided me with a wealth of valuable experience in the SME market. My experience allows me to help businesses achieve efficiencies with bookkeeping processes and to develop better systems to provide relevant real-time financial information for planning and decision making.
I believe that the key to a successful business is building strong relationships with clients so that I can really understand their requirements. It then allows me to provide a better service and manage their expectations accordingly.
The most rewarding part of my job is to support clients with their finance systems and compliance requirements, to see them grow and scale-up and to then achieve their business ambition.
It’s lovely when clients say that we make the ‘numbers part of the business feel so easy, and they don’t have to worry’.
When I’m not working I like to spend time with my family and I have a passion for cooking delicacies from around the world. When time allows, I also love to travel and explore beautiful beaches and coastlines.
Meet our Advisors
- Adam Brodie - Co-Founder
- Ben Rule - Co-Founder
- Fiona Cross - Partner, Tax
- Seema Kher - Partner, FaaS
- Rowena Wattrus - Partner, Accounts and Tax
- Stu Coates - CTO
- Mel Stevens - Senior Manager
- Jeni Creek - Hub Manager
- Magda Braglewicz - Manager
- Shakira Parkar - Quality Manager
- Natalie Colton - Manager
- Ingrida Bukotiene - Senior Bookkeeper
- Matthew Andrews - Tax Assistant
- Agne Petrauskaite - Marketing & Communications Manager
- Emanuele D’Amico - Marketing Consultant
- Tom Connor - Venture CFO
- Myles Treharne - Venture CFO
- Louise Broadbent - Venture CFO
- Rachael Cavanagh - Account Manager
- Nichola Spencer - Bookkeeper
- - Antony Tikhonov - Seedrs
“Finerva team are always fast to pick up conversations with the entrepreneurs and understand their needs. Many of them leave us very positive feedback after cooperation with Adam and his team.”
- - Dave Cook - Mason & Cook
“Apart from being extremely experienced and knowledgeable in M&A transactions Finerva were very patient and always used language I understood. They gave me confidence and security and I knew they were working for my best interests.”
- - Nicola Koronka - Missive
We’ve switched from a top 10 firm to Finerva and have immediately felt the difference. The team understand small business finance and offer strategic yet practical counsel.”
- - James Ballard - Soar Running
“Finerva have assisted us on multiple investment rounds. On every occasion the financial models we have built have stood up to the test after many professional investors scrutinized them.”
- - Gary McKay – APPII
“Knowing that Finerva understand the pressures of starting a new business is very reassuring.”
- - Chris Ward – Klive Agency
“Finerva are very much a partner to Klive and not a supplier. If you are a start up, time starved, focused on building client and customer relationships then trust them to manage your bookkeeping and tax affairs with diligence, accuracy and passion.”
- - Riya Pabari – Founders Academy
“Finerva is a fantastic source of insight and strategic counsel over the EIS/SEIS fundraising process – always responsive, clear and thoughtful.”
- - Haydn Brooks – Risk Ledger
“R&D Tax Credits – an easy service and good price. Ben put up with my constant questioning and poor writing skills so highly recommended!”
- - Phil Barry – Blokur
“Finerva provided excellent advice on structure for our EMI share option scheme, especially when negotiating a fair tax valuation with HMRC.”
- - James Hadley - Immersive Labs
“Thank you! You and the team were great for our initial lift off and it has been an amazing experience!”
- - Sally Smith - My Clinical Outcomes
“Finerva drove and delivered a highly efficient R&D process from start to finish with a quick turnaround time to receipt of HMRC repayment.”
- - James Beddows - RIDEto
“Finerva do things differently – at one of their investor evenings we found an investor who is also a former FTSE100 Executive.”
- - Gretchen Lennon - Lennon Legal
”Finerva is my go-to recommendation for clients looking for advice on EIS matters. They combine top-quality technical knowledge with a commercial, practical approach.”
- - Bill Cogan - Seven Legal
“Our clients are consistently impressed with Finerva’s expertise, responsiveness and commercial approach to the more complex EIS support required by fast growth clients.”
- - Sam Bartholomew - All Mountain Rental
“The team at Finerva helped with valuable advice regarding a nascent, but relatively complex M&A deal. They understood the pertinent issues quickly and were able to offer valuable perspective from other industries to help us define and refine our understanding of the economics of the trade. Highly recommended.”
Our latest Insights
- How to find investment for your start-up - Grants, Accelerators, Crowdfunding, Angel investors, VCs...
- Revolutionising AI in Endoscopy: Olympus Acquires Odin Vision, a Cutting-Edge Cloud AI StartUp! - Odin Vision has recently been acquired by Olympus, a leading global Med Tech company.
- Finerva goes global! - Joining DFK International underscores our commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality financial and business advisory services and delivering even greater value to them.