I’m Ben Rule, the Co-founder & Partner of Finerva. I work with our clients to ensure they receive the strategic and commercial finance support they need to help their business grow.
I help them to build strong relationships with their investors and other key stakeholders. I also oversee Finerva’s R&D Tax Credit work.
Having worked at PwC I stepped away from Audit and Advisory into more commercial focussed finance roles. First at Sky in their finance team overseeing commercial sales to pubs and clubs as well as the team that oversaw the production and installation of Sky boxes and satellite dishes.
In between I went to Abu Dhabi to lead the finance team during the launch of Sky News Arabia. After Sky I moved to Bupa Global coordinating the financial planning and analysis during a time of rapid expansion into different international territories..
I love working with individuals who come together to work out how best to look after a client. As this is always done in an enjoyable and stimulating way it makes work a pleasure. It also gives us the flexibility to decide with the client what is the best course of action.
I love spending time with my young family but will sometimes escape for a game of squash or a stroll in the rough in my enthusiasm to play golf. To avoid becoming too inflexible, I’m known to do yoga.
Meet our Advisors
- Adam Brodie - Co-Founder
- Ben Rule - Co-Founder
- Fiona Cross - Head of Tax
- Seema Kher - Head of FaaS
- Rowena Wattrus - Head of Accounts and Tax
- Stu Coates - CTO
- Mel Stevens - Senior Manager
- Jeni Creek - Hub Manager
- Magda Braglewicz - Assistant Manager
- Shakira Parkar - Quality Manager
- Ingrida Bukotiene - Senior Bookkeeper
- Matthew Andrews - Tax Assistant
- Agne Petrauskaite - Marketing & Communications Manager
- Emanuele D’Amico - Marketing Consultant
- Tom Connor - Venture CFO
- Myles Treharne - Venture CFO
- Louise Broadbent - Venture CFO
- Rachael Cavanagh - Account Manager
- Nichola Spencer - Bookkeeper
- Sharon Prictoe - Finance Manager
- Emma Truran - Finance Manager
- Sharan Kalsi - Finance Manager
- - Antony Tikhonov - Seedrs
“Finerva team are always fast to pick up conversations with the entrepreneurs and understand their needs. Many of them leave us very positive feedback after cooperation with Adam and his team.”
- - Dave Cook - Mason & Cook
“Apart from being extremely experienced and knowledgeable in M&A transactions Finerva were very patient and always used language I understood. They gave me confidence and security and I knew they were working for my best interests.”
- - Nicola Koronka - Missive
We’ve switched from a top 10 firm to Finerva and have immediately felt the difference. The team understand small business finance and offer strategic yet practical counsel.”
- - James Ballard - Soar Running
“Finerva have assisted us on multiple investment rounds. On every occasion the financial models we have built have stood up to the test after many professional investors scrutinized them.”
- - Gary McKay – APPII
“Knowing that Finerva understand the pressures of starting a new business is very reassuring.”
- - Chris Ward – Klive Agency
“Finerva are very much a partner to Klive and not a supplier. If you are a start up, time starved, focused on building client and customer relationships then trust them to manage your bookkeeping and tax affairs with diligence, accuracy and passion.”
- - Riya Pabari – Founders Academy
“Finerva is a fantastic source of insight and strategic counsel over the EIS/SEIS fundraising process – always responsive, clear and thoughtful.”
- - Haydn Brooks – Risk Ledger
“R&D Tax Credits – an easy service and good price. Ben put up with my constant questioning and poor writing skills so highly recommended!”
- - Phil Barry – Blokur
“Finerva provided excellent advice on structure for our EMI share option scheme, especially when negotiating a fair tax valuation with HMRC.”
- - James Hadley - Immersive Labs
“Thank you! You and the team were great for our initial lift off and it has been an amazing experience!”
- - Sally Smith - My Clinical Outcomes
“Finerva drove and delivered a highly efficient R&D process from start to finish with a quick turnaround time to receipt of HMRC repayment.”
- - James Beddows - RIDEto
“Finerva do things differently – at one of their investor evenings we found an investor who is also a former FTSE100 Executive.”
- - Gretchen Lennon - Lennon Legal
”Finerva is my go-to recommendation for clients looking for advice on EIS matters. They combine top-quality technical knowledge with a commercial, practical approach.”
- - Bill Cogan - Seven Legal
“Our clients are consistently impressed with Finerva’s expertise, responsiveness and commercial approach to the more complex EIS support required by fast growth clients.”
- - Sam Bartholomew - All Mountain Rental
“The team at Finerva helped with valuable advice regarding a nascent, but relatively complex M&A deal. They understood the pertinent issues quickly and were able to offer valuable perspective from other industries to help us define and refine our understanding of the economics of the trade. Highly recommended.”
Our latest Insights
- How to find investment for your start-up - Grants, Accelerators, Crowdfunding, Angel investors, VCs...
- Revolutionising AI in Endoscopy: Olympus Acquires Odin Vision, a Cutting-Edge Cloud AI StartUp! - Odin Vision has recently been acquired by Olympus, a leading global Med Tech company.
- Finerva goes global! - Joining DFK International underscores our commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality financial and business advisory services and delivering even greater value to them.