My role in Finerva alongside Ben Rule is to help SMEs and large companies in the preparation of their R&D tax relief claims, under both the SME and RDEC scheme, so that they can get the financial benefit of investing in research and development.
I have a BSc in Physics with Astrophysics from the University of Bath, acquired in 2021, and an MSc in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Exeter, acquired in 2022. Additionally, I have previous experience working as a technical consultant in a small R&D practice, where I supported the preparation of R&D claims for clients from various industries – from Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, through Software and Construction, to Pharmaceutical and Robotics.
Working with clients across different industries who strive to achieve more than what is achievable through conventional approaches is the first and foremost reason why I truly enjoy working as an R&D tax assistant.
Additionally, the opportunity to assist these clients in obtaining financial benefits and thereby sustaining their R&D activities is what brings me real satisfaction in my role as an R&D assistant.
I admire those who have made themselves renowned for moving the work forward through technological evolution – from Henry Ford to Mark Zuckerberg.
Karate is one of my biggest passions, so outside of work, I often spend a lot of time in the dojo. When I don’t have karate training, I enjoy working out at the gym. Additionally, I like going out and spending time with friends. So, if I’m not at the dojo or the gym, you can usually find me enjoying a pint of beer at a pub in Camden or in central London.
Meet our Advisors
- Adam Brodie - Co-Founder
- Ben Rule - Co-Founder
- Fiona Cross - Partner, Tax
- Seema Kher - Partner, FaaS
- Rowena Wattrus - Partner, Accounts and Tax
- Stu Coates - CTO
- Mel Stevens - Senior Manager
- Jeni Creek - Hub Manager
- Magda Braglewicz - Manager
- Shakira Parkar - Quality Manager
- Natalie Colton - Manager
- Ingrida Bukotiene - Senior Bookkeeper
- Matthew Andrews - Tax Assistant
- Ivan Georgiev - R&D Assistant
- Agne Teisseire - Marketing & Communications Manager
- Emanuele D’Amico - Marketing Consultant
- Tom Connor - Venture CFO
- Myles Treharne - Venture CFO
- Louise Broadbent - Venture CFO
- Rachael Cavanagh - Account Manager
- - Mark Burrows - Complete Technology Group
”Finerva are an excellent partner both for start ups and more mature organisations. Their ability to work with you and help with the challenges you meet as you scale indicates a real partnership approach.”
- - Antony Tikhonov - Seedrs
“Finerva team are always fast to pick up conversations with the entrepreneurs and understand their needs. Many of them leave us very positive feedback after cooperation with Adam and his team.”
- - Dave Cook - Mason & Cook
“Apart from being extremely experienced and knowledgeable in M&A transactions Finerva were very patient and always used language I understood. They gave me confidence and security and I knew they were working for my best interests.”
- - Nicola Koronka - Missive
We’ve switched from a top 10 firm to Finerva and have immediately felt the difference. The team understand small business finance and offer strategic yet practical counsel.”
- - James Ballard - Soar Running
“Finerva have assisted us on multiple investment rounds. On every occasion the financial models we have built have stood up to the test after many professional investors scrutinized them.”
- - Gary McKay – APPII
“Knowing that Finerva understand the pressures of starting a new business is very reassuring.”
- - Chris Ward – Klive Agency
“Finerva are very much a partner to Klive and not a supplier. If you are a start up, time starved, focused on building client and customer relationships then trust them to manage your bookkeeping and tax affairs with diligence, accuracy and passion.”
- - Riya Pabari – Founders Academy
“Finerva is a fantastic source of insight and strategic counsel over the EIS/SEIS fundraising process – always responsive, clear and thoughtful.”
- - Haydn Brooks – Risk Ledger
“R&D Tax Credits – an easy service and good price. Ben put up with my constant questioning and poor writing skills so highly recommended!”
- - Phil Barry – Blokur
“Finerva provided excellent advice on structure for our EMI share option scheme, especially when negotiating a fair tax valuation with HMRC.”
- - James Hadley - Immersive Labs
“Thank you! You and the team were great for our initial lift off and it has been an amazing experience!”
- - Sally Smith - My Clinical Outcomes
“Finerva drove and delivered a highly efficient R&D process from start to finish with a quick turnaround time to receipt of HMRC repayment.”
- - James Beddows - RIDEto
“Finerva do things differently – at one of their investor evenings we found an investor who is also a former FTSE100 Executive.”
- - Gretchen Lennon - Lennon Legal
”Finerva is my go-to recommendation for clients looking for advice on EIS matters. They combine top-quality technical knowledge with a commercial, practical approach.”
- - Bill Cogan - Seven Legal
“Our clients are consistently impressed with Finerva’s expertise, responsiveness and commercial approach to the more complex EIS support required by fast growth clients.”
- - Sam Bartholomew - All Mountain Rental
“The team at Finerva helped with valuable advice regarding a nascent, but relatively complex M&A deal. They understood the pertinent issues quickly and were able to offer valuable perspective from other industries to help us define and refine our understanding of the economics of the trade. Highly recommended.”
Our latest Insights
- Autumn Statement 2023: Does It Impact Your Business? - Here is our summary of the key points for UK SMEs from Jeremy Hunt’s 2023 Autumn Budget.
- Top Accelerator Programmes in the UK - In this article we combined the top accelerator programmes in the UK.
- How to find investment for your start-up - Grants, Accelerators, Crowdfunding, Angel investors, VCs...