I am Shakira Parker, a Quality Manager. I joined Finerva in 2022.
I work closely with Seema in assessing the quality of work that we provide to all our clients. I also oversee the compliance requirements for our clients.
I am ACCA qualified since 2013. My previous roles have mainly been in practice – including preparation of statutory accounts, tax returns, management accounts and personal tax. I was also a keen auditor in what seems like a lifetime ago!
What I really enjoy about my role is the variety of clients I work with. Every business is unique and requires a different approach.
I especially enjoy the monthly quality reviews and trying to improve processes in order to help our bookkeepers work more efficiently, and in turn improve the quality of the closing of the year end accounts.
Outside of work, I love spending time with my young family. I am (almost) always thinking about new DIY projects at home. Along with my sister who is a keen baker, I have recently started making character cakes for my son’s birthdays, including Marvel and Lego (sorry not taking any orders!). I am also a self-proclaimed chocoholic.
Meet our Advisors
- Adam Brodie - Co-Founder
- Ben Rule - Co-Founder
- Fiona Cross - Partner, Tax
- Seema Kher - Partner, FaaS
- Rowena Wattrus - Partner, Accounts and Tax
- Stu Coates - CTO
- Mel Stevens - Senior Manager
- Jeni Creek - Hub Manager
- Magda Braglewicz - Manager
- Shakira Parkar - Quality Manager
- Natalie Colton - Manager
- Ingrida Bukotiene - Senior Bookkeeper
- Matthew Andrews - Tax Assistant
- Agne Petrauskaite - Marketing & Communications Manager
- Emanuele D’Amico - Marketing Consultant
- Tom Connor - Venture CFO
- Myles Treharne - Venture CFO
- Louise Broadbent - Venture CFO
- Rachael Cavanagh - Account Manager
- Nichola Spencer - Bookkeeper
- - Antony Tikhonov - Seedrs
“Finerva team are always fast to pick up conversations with the entrepreneurs and understand their needs. Many of them leave us very positive feedback after cooperation with Adam and his team.”
- - Dave Cook - Mason & Cook
“Apart from being extremely experienced and knowledgeable in M&A transactions Finerva were very patient and always used language I understood. They gave me confidence and security and I knew they were working for my best interests.”
- - Nicola Koronka - Missive
We’ve switched from a top 10 firm to Finerva and have immediately felt the difference. The team understand small business finance and offer strategic yet practical counsel.”
- - James Ballard - Soar Running
“Finerva have assisted us on multiple investment rounds. On every occasion the financial models we have built have stood up to the test after many professional investors scrutinized them.”
- - Gary McKay – APPII
“Knowing that Finerva understand the pressures of starting a new business is very reassuring.”
- - Chris Ward – Klive Agency
“Finerva are very much a partner to Klive and not a supplier. If you are a start up, time starved, focused on building client and customer relationships then trust them to manage your bookkeeping and tax affairs with diligence, accuracy and passion.”
- - Riya Pabari – Founders Academy
“Finerva is a fantastic source of insight and strategic counsel over the EIS/SEIS fundraising process – always responsive, clear and thoughtful.”
- - Haydn Brooks – Risk Ledger
“R&D Tax Credits – an easy service and good price. Ben put up with my constant questioning and poor writing skills so highly recommended!”
- - Phil Barry – Blokur
“Finerva provided excellent advice on structure for our EMI share option scheme, especially when negotiating a fair tax valuation with HMRC.”
- - James Hadley - Immersive Labs
“Thank you! You and the team were great for our initial lift off and it has been an amazing experience!”
- - Sally Smith - My Clinical Outcomes
“Finerva drove and delivered a highly efficient R&D process from start to finish with a quick turnaround time to receipt of HMRC repayment.”
- - James Beddows - RIDEto
“Finerva do things differently – at one of their investor evenings we found an investor who is also a former FTSE100 Executive.”
- - Gretchen Lennon - Lennon Legal
”Finerva is my go-to recommendation for clients looking for advice on EIS matters. They combine top-quality technical knowledge with a commercial, practical approach.”
- - Bill Cogan - Seven Legal
“Our clients are consistently impressed with Finerva’s expertise, responsiveness and commercial approach to the more complex EIS support required by fast growth clients.”
- - Sam Bartholomew - All Mountain Rental
“The team at Finerva helped with valuable advice regarding a nascent, but relatively complex M&A deal. They understood the pertinent issues quickly and were able to offer valuable perspective from other industries to help us define and refine our understanding of the economics of the trade. Highly recommended.”
Our latest Insights
- How to find investment for your start-up - Grants, Accelerators, Crowdfunding, Angel investors, VCs...
- Revolutionising AI in Endoscopy: Olympus Acquires Odin Vision, a Cutting-Edge Cloud AI StartUp! - Odin Vision has recently been acquired by Olympus, a leading global Med Tech company.
- Finerva goes global! - Joining DFK International underscores our commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality financial and business advisory services and delivering even greater value to them.