I’m Adam Brodie, Finerva Co-Founder along with Ben Rule. Ben and I started as graduates on the same day at PwC London and are now reunited at Finerva.
Like most co-founders, I’ve taken on most of the roles in the company at one point or another. Today I lead Finerva, as CEO. Client wise, I lead some exit/M&A projects, as well as supporting our great team on EMI, EIS, valuation and vCFO engagements.
Influencing my work with our clients is my time spent as:
- CFO – 20x exit of Sherwood Technology Solutions to NYSE-listed Solera Holdings.
- Advisor – on 15 successful exits and acquisitions in Europe, US and Asia at Baylor Klein.
- Chartered Accountant – at PwC London, in their Technology, Media and Energy practice.
- Graduate – MA (Hons) from Oxford University.
There are two things that I really enjoy about Finerva. Firstly, partnering our clients on their rapid growth, closing investment rounds and successfully exit. Secondly, working with our brilliant team of specialists and wider community of advisors.
On a day to day basis, the best bit is solving problems for Founders and their teams, particularly the challenge of distilling the complex into the simple!
Quality time is with my wife and two young sons, where there’s a lot of charging about the house and garden! For even more exercise my two focused activities include training with a Commando boot camp in all weather and playing Touch Rugby (training with the England seniors squad but I won’t say with which age group!). I am a long suffering rugby supporter of Scotland and London Scottish by virtue of my awesome Glaswegian parents.
Meet our Advisors
- Adam Brodie - Co-Founder
- Ben Rule - Co-founder
- Fiona Cross - Director of Tax Advisory
- Seema Kher - Director of FaaS
- Rowena Wattrus - Director of Accounts and Tax
- Stu Coates - CTO
- Mel Stevens - Senior Manager
- Jeni Creek - Hub Manager
- Magda Braglewicz - Account Manager
- Shakira Parkar - Quality Manager
- Ingrida Bukotiene - Senior Bookkeeper
- Matthew Andrews - Tax Assistant
- Agne Petrauskaite - Marketing & Communications Manager
- Emanuele D’Amico - Marketing Consultant
- Tom Connor - Venture CFO
- Myles Treharne - Venture CFO
- Louise Broadbent - Venture CFO
- Rachael Cavanagh - Account Manager
- Nichola Spencer - Bookkeeper
- Sharon Prictoe - Finance Manager
- Emma Truran - Finance Manager
- Sharan Kalsi - Finance Manager
- - Antony Tikhonov - Seedrs
“Finerva team are always fast to pick up conversations with the entrepreneurs and understand their needs. Many of them leave us very positive feedback after cooperation with Adam and his team.”
- - Dave Cook - Mason & Cook
“Apart from being extremely experienced and knowledgeable in M&A transactions Finerva were very patient and always used language I understood. They gave me confidence and security and I knew they were working for my best interests.”
- - Nicola Koronka - Missive
We’ve switched from a top 10 firm to Finerva and have immediately felt the difference. The team understand small business finance and offer strategic yet practical counsel.”
- - James Ballard - Soar Running
“Finerva have assisted us on multiple investment rounds. On every occasion the financial models we have built have stood up to the test after many professional investors scrutinized them.”
- - Gary McKay – APPII
“Knowing that Finerva understand the pressures of starting a new business is very reassuring.”
- - Chris Ward – Klive Agency
“Finerva are very much a partner to Klive and not a supplier. If you are a start up, time starved, focused on building client and customer relationships then trust them to manage your bookkeeping and tax affairs with diligence, accuracy and passion.”
- - Riya Pabari – Founders Academy
“Finerva is a fantastic source of insight and strategic counsel over the EIS/SEIS fundraising process – always responsive, clear and thoughtful.”
- - Haydn Brooks – Risk Ledger
“R&D Tax Credits – an easy service and good price. Ben put up with my constant questioning and poor writing skills so highly recommended!”
- - Phil Barry – Blokur
“Finerva provided excellent advice on structure for our EMI share option scheme, especially when negotiating a fair tax valuation with HMRC.”
- - James Hadley - Immersive Labs
“Thank you! You and the team were great for our initial lift off and it has been an amazing experience!”
- - Sally Smith - My Clinical Outcomes
“Finerva drove and delivered a highly efficient R&D process from start to finish with a quick turnaround time to receipt of HMRC repayment.”
- - James Beddows - RIDEto
“Finerva do things differently – at one of their investor evenings we found an investor who is also a former FTSE100 Executive.”
- - Gretchen Lennon - Lennon Legal
”Finerva is my go-to recommendation for clients looking for advice on EIS matters. They combine top-quality technical knowledge with a commercial, practical approach.”
- - Bill Cogan - Seven Legal
“Our clients are consistently impressed with Finerva’s expertise, responsiveness and commercial approach to the more complex EIS support required by fast growth clients.”
Our latest Insights
- Finerva goes global! - Joining DFK International underscores our commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality financial and business advisory services and delivering even greater value to them.
- Green Energy & Renewables: 2023 Valuation Multiples - Green Energy companies saw a slow but steady decline in multiples throughout 2021 and 2022, recording EV/Revenue multiples of 6.4x in Q4 2022.
- Is AI a threat to the knowledge based service economy? - Short answer: Yes! Longer answer: It really depends…