Specialist Equity Incentives / ITEPA Advisor
Location: Consultant’s choice
Remuneration: Project fee share
We want to work with the best advisors. Our clients are high growth, innovative businesses. They value having access to specialist advice to help their decision making.
Finerva has always utilised flexible working models to ensure we work with the best advisors. This includes working with consultants, as we recognise not everyone wants to be a full-time, or part-time employee of Finerva, and equally for some specialist areas, there may not be the business need for an employee.
As a consultant with Finerva, you are of course, free to accept or reject any projects which we share with you. If you do accept, you choose when and where you work on it.
This approach means we successfully work with consultants including those who are:
- Recently retired or semi-retired and would like to work on interesting projects or technical reviews.
- Return-to-work parents who value the flexibility that consultants enjoy.
- Portfolio professionals.
The important things for Finerva are:
- Responsiveness – generally this means replying to clients within 24 hours of message, even if a short acknowledgement of receipt or holding response to respond / advise in full, later.
- Open and transparent – particularly managing expectations on time and costs.
- Collaborative – we have a highly collegiate, enjoyable environment with expertise spread across our team. Everyone is encouraged to seek support where unsure and request peer reviews.
- Straightforward advice – our clients are often juggling many balls and are appreciative of the prompt, easy-to-understand, actionable advice and support we provide them.
We have a newly created consultancy role to work with our expanding tax advisory team specialising in Equity Incentives and ITEPA advice and support. There could be opportunities to work on other tax areas as well depending on experience.
Examples of client projects:
- Valuations and advice on set-up of Growth Shares.
- Employee share option schemes – EMI, CSOP and unapproved schemes.
- Advice for tax implications on share options and other sweat equity arrangements with non-employees (e.g. consultants/advisors).
- Restructuring arrangements involving transfer of shares between Founders and investors.
- Technical review and support to Finerva’s team of tax professionals and accountants.
- Due Diligence projects for Series A/B/C investment and M&A transactions.
What we are looking for:
The ideal consultant will have the following skills, experience, and personal attributes:
- CTA (preferred), ACA, CA or equivalent.
- Senior practice experience.
- Experience working with technology, science, or engineering businesses.
- Ability to make the complex easy to understand.
- Ability to provide clear, straightforward recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills particularly on video calls and email and managing expectations.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative and collegiate environment.
If you are interested in learning more, please email Adam Brodie (co-founder), firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a summary of your experience and what you are looking for from developing a relationship with Finerva.