Location: Hybrid (up to 3 days a week from home & in central London office).
Hours: Flexible hours. Full-time and part-time applications welcome.
Remuneration: £50k to £60k depending on experience.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus pension, healthcare plus bonus.
This is an exciting time to join Finerva. The UK tech and innovation sector is expanding rapidly and so are our clients.
Founded by two former PwC London colleagues, Finerva is an ICAEW firm which has built a reputation as the leading accountancy, tax and finance advisor to innovative, high growth businesses.
The working environment at Finerva is collaborative, friendly, flexible and inclusive. We work with extremely interesting, talented, ambitious businesses primarily in the technology, science and consumer products sectors.
We have a newly created position to lead our payroll team as a Manager. We have decided to bring the service in-house, having successfully worked with a third-party partner firm. The role will report into Seema Kher, Director of Finance as a Service.
This is an important hire. We are looking for an exceptional candidate that we can build a team around and will make further hires to support them.
We have always been a flexible business – long before COVID-19, in terms of location of work, and hours, so we find the best people to join our team. We are open to discussion around working hours (including part-time) and split between time in our London office and remote working.
Role and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring high standards of client service and excellent advice are delivered by our team, building relationships with colleagues and clients a like.
- Manage the payrolls for our clients, which includes processing and review of payrolls as per the firm’s requirements from start to finish.
- Ensuring all client payrolls are delivered accurately and on time, as per the client’s needs.
- Maintain payroll records on the firm’s chosen software.
- Be able to calculate all wages and deductions and understand tax coding and tax code downloads.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- P11D processing.
- Respond and resolve queries from clients and colleagues relating to payroll.
- Ensure that all training is up to date for both yourself and the payroll team and processes and procedures follow current regulations.
- Understand auto-enrolment requirements and assist clients with implementing employer automatic enrolment duties. Submit client’s monthly pension data to the relevant pension providers.
- Involvement with special situations such as maternity pay and redundancy pay.
- Develop the payroll line of service to ensure it continues to meet the business needs, including assisting in annual budgeting and team objective setting.
- Additionally, there is the option to become involved in marketing projects (for digital marketing, social media communications, and website development) and assist our CTO with the design of features for our proprietary software platform to improve client experience and efficiency around payroll.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and personal attributes.
- CIPP qualification (preferred).
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role (ideally from an accountancy practice experience, but possibly from a bureau).
- Excellent technical knowledge of payroll compliance and legislation.
- Focused and diligent, with excellent attention to detail and be organised enough to ensure all payroll deadlines are met for a varied portfolio of clients
- Superb IT skills – experience with payroll platform Bright Pay preferred (not essential) along with a good working knowledge of data entry, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Expertise in Auto Enrolment pensions.
- Ability to provide clear, straightforward recommendations on technical matters.
- Ability to coach other team members.
Personal attributes that are vital to all team members at Finerva:
- Responsive – an excellent and timely communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
- A self-starter – proactive and prepared to ask questions when unsure.
- Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others, and seeking help where required.
- Looking for progression – a hunger for continual professional development.
- Excellent expectation management with clients and other stakeholders.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org