Enterprise Tax Manager (R&D Tax Credits)
Location: Flexible (home or central London office)
Position: Full-time (preferred) or part-time employee
Salary: £50k to £60k
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus pension, healthcare, bonus
This is an exciting time to join Finerva. The UK tech and innovation sector is expanding rapidly and so are our clients. Our clients are appreciative of the prompt, easy-to-understand, actionable advice and support we provide them.
We have a newly created position to join our expanding tax advisory team specialising in R&D Tax Credits advice and support.
The role will report into Ben Rule, Head of R&D Tax Credits. We are open to part-time and full-time applications. We have always been a flexible business in terms of location of work (home, office or hybrid) and are open to discussions here, so we find the best advisors join our team.
Role and responsibilities:
- Assess and advise on eligibility and suitability of the enterprise tax schemes for our clients.
- Project management – managing client expectations on timelines and budget and liaising with specialist advisors on complex advisory projects.
- Preparation and drafting of materials for submission to HMRC.
- Corresponding with HMRC and maintaining the firms’ good reputation there.
- Relationship building – building relationships with colleagues in the Finerva Team (particularly our venture CFOs and our core accounting team) and our clients.
- Business development – opportunity to become involved in business development including joining initial calls with leads and referrals.
- Additionally, there is the option to become involved in marketing projects (for digital marketing, social media communications, and website development) and assist CTO with the design of features for our proprietary software platform to improve client experience and efficiency around tax work.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- CTA (preferred), ACA, CA or equivalent.
- Experience from 10+ R&D Tax Credits engagements.
- Experience working with technology, science or engineering businesses.
- Project management capabilities – ensuring client’s expectations are managed, and work is delivered on time, to budget and to the highest standards.
- Excellent communication skills particularly on video calls and email and managing expectations.
Personal attributes that are important:
- Responsive – an excellent communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
- A self-starter – proactive and prepared to ask questions where unsure.
- Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others, and seeking help where required.
- Looking for progression – a hunger to learn and develop.
If you would like to apply, please fill our Advisor Form or send your CV and cover letter (including a paragraph on your view of the UK as a place for fast growing businesses) to firstname.lastname@example.org.