Enterprise Assistant Manager (EIS and EMI)
Location: Flexible (home or central London office)
Position: Full-time (preferred) or part-time employee
Salary: £40k to £50k p.a.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus pension, healthcare plus bonus
This is an exciting time to join Finerva. The UK tech and innovation sector is expanding rapidly and so are our clients. Our clients are appreciative of the prompt, easy-to-understand, actionable advice and support we provide them.
We have a newly created position to join our expanding tax advisory team specialising in Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Share Options and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) advice and support. There would be opportunities to work on other tax areas as well depending on experience.
The role will report into the service line leader. We are open to part-time and full-time applications. We have always been a flexible business in terms of location of work (home, office or hybrid) and are open to discussions here, so we find the best advisors join our team.
Role and responsibilities:
- Assess and advise on eligibility and suitability of the enterprise tax schemes for our clients.
- Preparation and drafting of materials for client sign off and submission to HMRC.
- Corresponding with HMRC and maintaining the firms’ good reputation there.
- Relationship building – building relationships with colleagues in the Finerva Team (particularly our venture CFOs and our core accounting team) and our clients.
- Business development – opportunity to become involved in business development including joining initial calls with leads and referrals.
- Additionally, there is the option to become involved in marketing projects (for digital marketing, social media communications, and website development) and assist CTO with the design of features for our proprietary software platform to improve client experience and efficiency around tax work.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience.
- CTA (preferred), ACA, CA or equivalent.
- Experience from engagements involving EMI share options, ITEPA, growth shares, CSOPs, SEIS or EIS. However, we will provide training and support, so what is more important is demonstration of attitude to learn and attention to detail.
- Experience working with technology, science or engineering businesses.
- Excellent communication skills particularly on video calls and email and managing expectations.
Personal attributes that are important:
- Responsive – an excellent communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
- A self-starter – proactive and prepared to ask questions where unsure.
- Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others, and seeking help where required.
- Looking for progression – a hunger to learn and develop.