Director of Tax Advisory
Hours: Flexible hours. Full-time and part-time applications are welcome
Remuneration: Highly competitive, based on experience
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus pension, healthcare plus bonus
This is an exciting time to join Finerva. The UK tech and innovation sector is expanding rapidly and so are our clients.
The working environment at Finerva is collaborative, friendly, flexible and inclusive. We work with extremely interesting, talented entrepreneurial businesses primarily in the technology, science and consumer products sectors.
We have a newly created position to lead our expanding tax advisory team as a Director, with the ideal candidate able to rapidly progress to a Principal. The role will report into one of the co-founders, Adam Brodie.
This is an important hire. We are looking for an exceptional candidate that we can build a team around and will make further hires to support them.
We have always been a flexible business – long before COVID-19, in terms of location of work, and hours, so we find the best people to join our team. We are open to discussion around working hours (including part-time) and split between time in our London office and remote working.
Role and responsibilities:
- Leading tax advisory work – the most common tax advisory areas of our practice are Share Schemes, Enterprise Investment Scheme, R&D Tax Credits, Corporate Structuring, and Tax Due Diligence projects for Series A/B/C investment and M&A transactions. We are keen to develop other areas.
- Project leadership – working with clients, their advisors (especially lawyers) and HMRC.
- Responsible for ensuring high standards of client service and excellent advice are delivered by our team.
- Grow and develop the service line – leading budgeting and hiring processes and briefing the marketing team.
- Relationship building – with clients and colleagues, but also with other specialist accountancy firms and those in the UK’s high-growth ecosystem (venture capital investors, universities, accelerators and law firms).
- Business development – initial calls with leads and referrals and scoping out proposals.
- Additionally, there is the option to become involved in marketing projects (for digital marketing, social media communications, and website development) and assist our CTO with the design of features for our proprietary software platform to improve client experience and efficiency around tax work.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and personal attributes.
- CTA (preferred), ACA, CA or equivalent.
- Senior practice experience (this could be someone in-house looking to come back into practice).
- Experience from engagements involving some of if not all of EMI share options, ITEPA, growth shares, CSOPs, EIS or R&D Tax Credits is desirable, however other areas of corporate tax advisory are also valuable.
- Experience working with technology, science, or engineering businesses.
- Ability to provide clear, straightforward recommendations on technical matters.
Personal attributes that are important:
- Responsive – an excellent communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
- A self-starter – proactive and prepared to ask questions when unsure.
- Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others, and seeking help where required.
- Looking for progression – a hunger to develop into a Principal at Finerva.
- Excellent expectation management with clients and other stakeholders.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org