New Client and Quality Associate / Senior Associate
Location: Hybrid (home & central London office)
Position: Full Time
Salary: £35000 – £45000
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus pension, healthcare, bonus
Finerva is a fast growing ICAEW firm founded by two former PwC London colleagues.
Our clients are innovative – mostly technology, science, engineering, and consumer products – and are backed by well-known growth and venture investors from the UK, US and Europe.
We specialise in finance, accounting and tax services that help ambitious entrepreneurs grow big businesses quickly and achieve their vision. From us they receive the best possible advice in the form of straightforward, actionable recommendations.
You’ll find our approach different from a traditional firm. It’s designed to ensure that every business we advise grows and thrives. We’re part of the UK’s tech and start-up economy which makes working with Finerva exciting and rewarding.
As a team we use technology to its full potential, and it regularly teaches us that in a remote and open-mind culture innovation matters. It means that all our work is highly collaborative – with clients, colleagues and associates.
Many of us have young families, some are semi-retired and so we’re flexible around family life and we always listen to and support those we work with.
Role and responsibilities:
The focus will be:
1) working with our new bookkeeping and accounts clients in their first 90 days with Finerva. This is one of the most important periods of a client’s time with us.
2) Take a key role in ensuring the quality of bookkeeping carried out by the wider bookkeeping team.
Typical activities that the individual will either be carrying out, reviewing or implementing best practice for include:
• Onboarding new Finerva clients ensuring their bookkeeping is correct, up to date and agrees back to previously filed financial statements.
• General bookkeeping, including bank reconciliations, processing expenses, VAT/PAYE reconciliation etc.
• Closing down the bookkeeping at year end and compiling necessary year end info such as control account reconciliations
• Maintaining Sales and Purchase Ledgers
• Accruals and Deferred Income considerations
• Registering for VAT and preparing returns
• Preparing management accounts
• Rectifying historic bookkeeping issues
• Reconciling Xero financial reports (trial balance) to filed statutory accounts
• Delivering fantastic client service
• Support on PAYE or VAT related matters
What we are looking for:
• Experience of working on various software packages (Xero, Quickbooks)
• Experience with payment and sales platforms which link with bookkeeping packages.
• Willingness to build on knowledge through continuous professional development.
• A good academic record, with good attention to detail
• Commitment to client service and team working.
• Attention to detail.
• Professional qualifications (AAT, CIMA, ACCA, etc).
• A minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience at a UK accountancy or bookkeeping firm.
• Good communicator who can build relationships with clients and other team members.
• Ability to coach other team members.
Desired other attributes:
PAYE and VAT are the main compliance areas within this service line. The ideal candidate would have a broad solid (although not specialist) knowledge of one or both of these areas to support the team and our clients. We would also support individuals to acquire this knowledge through training where their knowledge needs to be built up.
Personal attributes that are important:
• Responsive – an excellent communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
• A self-starter – proactive and prepared to ask questions where unsure.
• Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others, and seeking help where required.
• Desire to deliver a great service
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.