Fee: Fixed fee per bookkeeping client (approximately £20 p.h)
ICAEW firm founded by two former PwC London colleagues. We are fortunate to be high growth ourselves.
Our clients are innovative – mostly technology, science, engineering, and consumer products – and are backed by well-known growth and venture investors from the UK, US and Europe.
We specialise in finance, accounting and tax services that help ambitious entrepreneurs grow big businesses quickly and achieve their vision. From us they receive the best possible advice in the form of straightforward, actionable recommendations.
You’ll find our approach different from a traditional firm. It’s designed to ensure that every business we advise grows and thrives. We’re part of the UK’s tech and start-up economy which makes working with Finerva exciting and rewarding.
As a team we use technology to its full potential, and it regularly teaches us that in a remote and open-mind culture innovation matters. It means that all our work is highly collaborative – with clients, colleagues and associates.
Many of us have young families, some are semi-retired and so we’re flexible around family life and we always listen to and support those we work with.
Finerva has always worked with contractors and has built strong relationships with the contractors who have worked with us and always see the relationship as a partnership. We aim to make the contractors feel like the are part of a community.
Why work with us:
- Community of other contractors to work with
- We deal with regulatory such as Anti Money Laundering
- Team of accountants and subject matter experts to provide support
- Very flexible working days/hours
- Finerva deals with billing to the client
- Collaborative and social network of other contractors
- We care about making sure contractors have an enjoyable working relationship with clients and Finerva
Role and responsibilities:
The focus will be working with our bookkeeping clients to keep their bookkeeping up to date on an ongoing basis and close down the books at the end of the financial year.
- General bookkeeping, including bank reconciliations, processing expense, VAT/PAYE reconciliation etc.
- Maintaining Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- Accruals and Deferred Income considerations
- Registering for VAT and preparing returns
- Preparing management accounts
- Rectifying historic bookkeeping issues
- Reconciling Xero financial reports (trial balance) to filed statutory accounts
- Delivering fantastic client service
- Support on PAY or VAT related matters
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working on various software packages (Xero, Quickbooks)
- Experience with payment and sales platforms which link with bookkeeping packages.
- Commitment to client service and team working.
- Experience of providing bookkeeping service to clients through either an accounting or bookkeeping practice or having provided these services to their own clients.
- Good communicator who can build relationships with clients and other team members
Personal attributes that are important:
- Responsive – an excellent communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
- Proactive – proactive and prepared to ask questions where unsure.
- Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others, and seeking help where required.
- Attention to detail
- Customer focussed – Desire to deliver an excellent service to the client
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com.