Location: Hybrid (central London min 2 days)
Position: Full Time applications welcome (please specify in the cover letter)
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 p.a.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus pension, healthcare, bonus
We have a newly created bookkeeper position in our expanding Finance as a Service (FaaS) team. The role will report into the Director of FaaS, Seema Kher.
Role and responsibilities
The successful candidate will support Finerva’s clients with bookkeeping, production of management accounts and KPIs, and production of final trial balance at client’s financial year end.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Reconciling bank accounts, reviewing and maintaining sales, purchase and general ledgers.
- Calculating and processing monthly journals for prepayment / accruals / depreciation / payroll and other monthly adjustments.
- Key monthly or quarterly account reconciliations such as VAT/PAYE/accruals/deferred income.
- Meet client and team deadlines, and communication around these.
- Supporting the Payroll Manager with processing of payroll for our clients.
- Completion and filing of VAT returns.
- Prepare and review management accounts from information and documentation received from clients.
- Finalise the reconciliations and trial balance at the end of the financial year for the Annual Accounts team.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and personal attributes.
- Proven bookkeeping experience in a client-facing environment.
- Numerate and analytical.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Takes time to understand client requirements.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel and Xero skills.
- Ability to document work and communications with clients clearly and concisely.
- Highlights potential client opportunities and risks to line manager.
- Extensive knowledge of VAT and broad knowledge of PAYE.
- Ideally, AAT (or similar) qualification, experience with Brightpay payroll software and working knowledge of payroll and pension legislation.
Personal attributes that are important
• Responsive – an excellent communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
• A self-starter – proactive and prepared to ask questions where unsure.
• Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others, and seeking help where required.
• Desire to deliver a great service.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; ACCA, CIMA, AAT, Bookkeeper, Bookkeeping Clerk, Accountant, Time Served Accountant, Management Accountant will also be considered for this role.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an exciting time to join Finerva. The UK tech and innovation sector is expanding rapidly and so are our clients.
Founded by two former PwC London colleagues, Finerva is an ICAEW firm which has built a reputation as the leading accountancy, tax and finance advisor to innovative, high growth businesses.
The working environment at Finerva is collaborative, friendly, flexible and inclusive. We work with talented, passionate, ambitious businesses primarily in the technology, science and consumer products sectors.