How To Enrol For PAYE Online
Claiming under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme requires you to be registered for HMRC’s PAYE Online Service.
You only need to enrol separately if you did not get a login when you registered as an employer – this is usually because you did not register online.
What you need to enrol
Before you start the registration, you will need:
- your Employer’s PAYE Reference number; and your
- Accounts Office Reference number.
Where to enrol
Where you can enrol for PAYE Online depends on whether you already have an online account with HMRC. This would be, for example, where you file your Self Assessment and pay your Corporation Tax.
If you already have an account, Log in to HMRC Online Services.
Under “Services you can add” select the option to enrol for “PAYE for Employers” and enter your details.
If you do not have an account yet, you will need to register as an employer on HMRC’s portal.
- Under “Organisation” select “PAYE for Employers“.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions through the screen.
- Set your password.
- You’ll be given a Government Gateway User ID, that you will need to access the Online portal.
- Enter your Employer’s PAYE Reference and Accounts Office Reference.
- You’ll be sent an Activation PIN which you’ll need in order to activate the login for PAYE.
- When you receive the PIN, you need to login and enter it when prompted.
Core Accounting - Request A Call
Enjoy monthly, all-inclusive accountancy fees. Grow your business with our cloud-based tools and access to a financial expert always on hand to answer your financial queries.
Nothing on this page is intended to be or should be construed or taken as accountancy, investment, tax or any other kind of advice. We recommend individuals and companies seek professional advice on their circumstances and matters.